Oct 23, 2015
SIMPLE ENOUGH FOR A CHILD. POWERFUL ENOUGH FOR A DEVELOPER.
RPGMAKER was born to fulfill the desire of creating an original RPG without programming knowledge. Four years have passed since the release of the previous RPGMAKER, VX Ace. The landscape of gaming, especially for RPGs, has changed greatly. So did the needs of our users. With the latest installment, RPGMAKER MV allows the dreams of many of its fans to come true! RPGMAKER can now create RPGs for MacOSX, Android and iPhone!
Degica is happy to bring you the new generation of RPG Maker, RPG Maker MV is coming ! Taking the award winning RPG game making tool RPG Maker VX Ace, with over half a million user in the world to the next step, RPG Maker MV will be available for Windows and Mac in Winter 2015 ! Four years have passed since the release of the previous RPGMAKER, VX Ace. The landscape of gaming, especially for RPGs, has changed greatly. So did the needs of our users. With the latest installment, RPGMAKER MV allows the dreams of many of its fans to come true! RPGMAKER can now create RPGs for MacOSX, Android and iPhone!
- SAMPLE DATA INCLUDED: To help everyone create a game easily, we included some sample datas that you can easily use! We have over 100 Sample Maps, Character Generator Parts and more! RTP is now integrated in the engine to save the users trouble.
- MULTIPLATFORM DISTRIBUTION AND MAC SUPPORT: You can now create your own RPG Maker games on Macintosh. It will be released at the same time as the Windows version. RPG Maker MV users will be able to build games for the following platforms: Windows/EXE, MacOSX/APP, Android/APK, iOS/IPA, HTML 5 for Web Browsers
- MOUSE AND TOUCH INPUT SUPPORT: Tired of doing all actions via the keyboard? You can now play your RPG with your finger on touch devices, and mouse on computers.
- LARGE DATABASE: Support for twice as many items as VX Ace for a grand total of 2,000!
- BATTLE SYSTEM MODES: With a tick of a checkbox, you can switch from the classic Front View Battle to Side View.
- THREE MAP LAYERS: RPG Maker MV has an automated upper layer to make it easy to create and edit elaborate maps!
- HIGHER SCREEN RESOLUTION: The previous RPG Maker's screen resolution was 544x416 pixels. RPG Maker MV's screen resolution is now 816x624 pixels. The size of all graphical assets (including animations) are now 1.5 times the previous versions of RPG Maker. For example, characters used to be 32x32, and now they are 48x48.
- INTRODUCING PLUGIN MANAGER: By adding js files in the project's plugin folder, you will be able to select the plugin in the Plugin Manager. You can see script details, script parameters and the ability to set it ON and OFF. Using Plugin Manager will be much easier to use than the old format. Allowing minimal user interference to prevent errors and easily order the scripts than the previous makers.
- EVENT SEARCHER: One of the missed functions from RPG Maker 2003, The Event Search function is back! The bigger your game gets, the more Variables, Switches and Events you'll use. It quickly becomes harder to manage and find specific parameters. Using the Event Search tool will allow you to save time and quickly see all instances of a particular variable or switch!
Logo & Icon
- "Review: RPG Maker MV (PC)"
- Matt Sainsbury, digitallydownloaded.net
Request Press Copy
Request a press copy here
Degica Promoter Site
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Degica Games
Degica Games is the publishing branch of Degica specializing in localizing Japanese games for the global market. We are best known for the RPG Maker franchise and shooting games such as DoDonPachi Resurrection, DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours, Mushihimesama, and Crimzon Clover. We're branching out into fighting games with Koihime Enbu, visual novels like Muv-Luv, and adventure games such as the 2016 hit, OneShot.
More information on Degica Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.