8 May 2015
Photographer Whitty Gawship attends a prestigious get-together at the residence of the impressive Professor Chet Chatters. Members of the party are veteran conversationalists, each trying to gain subtle power over one-another. The mood shifts when Whitty and the others discover that the professor can get the "Last Word" in every conversation via his miraculous invention. Dastardly!
But what are the professor's motives? And why invite a commoner?
Last Word is an unconventional JRPG. Battle sophisticated guests using words as weapons. Collect topics by gossiping to unlock mysteries. Drink wine. The night is young and no one can leave until the devious Professor Chatters says so! Can Whitty and Seymour overcome the power of the professor's amazing machine? Or will they succumb to the saucy banter of the motley aristocrats around them? Don't hesitate in getting the Last Word.
Lannie "Merlandese" Neely III is a 28-year-old traveler and former military metrologist. He created Twelve Tiles in 2011 to release Fleuret Blanc. His first commercial game, Social Caterpillar, explores concepts of introversion and was released early 2014. His experience is in development, but he has also composed for various independent projects including The Samaritan Paradox.
- Unique battle system! Fight with the subtle nuances of conversation.
- Custom art and music! Experience a custom look and feel.
- Vocal SFX! Each character has their own awe-inducing sound. Listen to the quality of that throat clearing
- Key Topic System! Gather gossip and use them like keys... for treasure!?
- A twist on traditional turn-based combat via MP charging.
- Engaging storytelling! Get whisked away by a narrative brimming with character! And fun!
- Bow Ties! Learn skills and equip them using snazzy Bow Tie Points!
Last Word Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
You can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Degica Games
Degica Games is the publishing branch of Degica specializing in localizing Japanese games for the global market. We are best known for the RPG Maker franchise and shooting games such as DoDonPachi Resurrection, DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours, Mushihimesama, and Crimzon Clover. We're branching out into fighting games with Koihime Enbu, visual novels like Nurse Love Addiction, adventure games such as the 2016 hit, OneShot, as well as original games like the hybrid shooting/finghting Senko no Ronde 2.
More information on Degica Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.