10 February 2016
This is the classic story of good old Ralph, the legendary hero from RPG Maker VX Ace, on his quest to defeat the diabolical Demon Lord. Ralph has been reduced to Level 1, and must rely on a cast of ladies straight out of the daydreams of the game's creator in order to succeed on his quest! Hero and Daughter is a game about serious dungeon crawling, fun-loving comedy, and beautiful, powerful girls! The first Japanese RPG Maker game to be fully translated and made available on Steam for an English audience, Hero and Daughter received the top prize at the NikoNiko Indie Game Festival - Japan's biggest indie game contest! Mr. Koichi Nakamura, the creator of the Dragon Quest series and Mystery Dungeon: Shiren The Wanderer, gave Hero and Daughter high praise!
After his first title “Gekko Yokai” was highly praised in the 3rd Nikoniko Indie Game Festival in March, 2014 - tachi had made a name for himself. The commentated play video had over 800,000 views and was well received by fans. In September, he announced Hero and Daughter and submitted it for the 4th NikoNiko Indie Game Festival. It received the top prize as well as the coveted Koichi Nakamura prize. NikoNiko Magazine started publishing Hero and Daughter as an episodic game in May, 2015. Both Hero and Daughter and Gekko Yokai have been novelized thanks to their success.
- A quirky RPG where the hero is severely underpowered
- Summon over 30 powerful, talented, and magical girls to do all your fighting for you
- Use stat boosts to help Ralph survive his harrowing, heroic journey
- More than 10 hours of storyline play with enough side quests and features to keep you in the game for as long as you want
- Defeat the Challenge Tower's 9,999 levels... Good luck with that
- A heavy focus on character interactions with lots of special scenes for each playable character
- Full of humor that plays spectacularly on RPG tropes
- Warning: Some of the female characters are scantily clad - may not be suitable for children
Hero and Daughter YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
You can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Degica Games
Degica Games is the publishing branch of Degica specializing in localizing Japanese games for the global market. We are best known for the RPG Maker franchise and shooting games such as DoDonPachi Resurrection, DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours, Mushihimesama, and Crimzon Clover. We're branching out into fighting games with Koihime Enbu, visual novels like Nurse Love Addiction, adventure games such as the 2016 hit, OneShot, as well as original games like the hybrid shooting/finghting Senko no Ronde 2.
More information on Degica Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.