15th June 2017 (PST)
Castle of Shikigami is the dark, supernatural first installment in Alfa System's highly regarded shoot-’em-up series, newly translated and brought to the PC by Cosmo Machia and Degica Games.
The Summer heat is scorching. Tokyo’s Metropolitan Police Force has had enough. One after another, 32 female victims were found brutally murdered. Could this be the work of the occult? Call in the specialists!
Choose one of six characters and utlise their unique abilities to defeat the demons infesting modern-day Tokyo in this vertically scrolling shooting game. Use each character's shot, special Shikigami attack and bomb to conquer each stage and it's boss to ultimately discover who or what is behind “The Castle of Shikigami Incident”.
Established in 1988, making them one of the oldest developers in Japan at 29 years old. They have developed over 100 titles on platforms from the NES to PC and smartphones. Responsible for planning and developing the Castle of Shikigami series, a shooting game with a focus on character and story which caught the attention of a wide range of game fans. Their latest titles are the smartphone games Shinobi Nightmare and Shadow Stone.
A Japanese game development company, comprised of experienced engineers specialising in synchronous communications and game designers versed in online game design and live operations. They work on PC and smartphones on both online games and standalone. Their latest release is Touch the Mappy for smartphones.
- Six playable characters with unique abilities and storylines
- Five multipart stages of nightmarish demons in a ghost-infested modern-day Japan
- Tension Bonus System that rewards risk
- Exploit the time system to boost your score
- Two-player local cooperative play
- Newly translated story mode and character bios
- Steam Achievements, Leaderboards, and Trading Cards
Castle of Shikigami Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "You will get a kick out of how the series began and appreciate the origins of some of the mechanics and characters"
- Justin Guillou, operationrainfall.com
- "Castle of Shikigami on Steam; flawed as it is, it’s a fun, creative shoot ‘em up and an important part of the genre’s history"
- Matthew Codd, digitallydownloaded.net
- "Castle of Shikigami shows its age, but it still scratches that bullet hell itch"
- , heypoorplayer.com
- "Poi ecco che giunge una novità: gli sparatutto con protagonisti dei semplici personaggi umani, che camminano o “volano” lanciando proiettili a destra e a manca."
- Francesco Dovis, game-experience.it
- "Shikigami serves as a respectable introduction to a shooter that had always deserved a better localization"
- Robert Allen, tech-gaming.com
- "Castle of Shikigami is a good way to waste some time for shump fans"
- BILLY WHITE, gameindustry.com
- "Castle of Shikigami is shoot-em-up comfort food"
- Casey Scheld, gamersheroes.com
- "Castle of Shikigami is a classic and inspired a whole slew of modern bullet hell games"
- Elliott Osange, brashgames.co.uk
- "If you're into vertical shooters and you've always wanted to see how Castle of Shikigami got its start, this convenient new release is a welcome ally"
- Jason Venter, honestgamers.com
- "Castle of Shikigami is an important piece of shoot-'em-up history"
- Chris Carter, destructoid.com
Request Press Copy
Request a press copy here
Degica Promoter Site
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Degica Games
Degica Games is the publishing branch of Degica specializing in localizing Japanese games for the global market. We are best known for the RPG Maker franchise and shooting games such as DoDonPachi Resurrection, DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours, Mushihimesama, and Crimzon Clover. We're branching out into fighting games with Koihime Enbu, visual novels like Muv-Luv, and adventure games such as the 2016 hit, OneShot.
More information on Degica Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.